SuperSearch is a single facility that accesses the majority of material the ANU Library subscribes to. It allows searches across thousands of journals, newspaper articles, books, book chapters and reviews, dissertations and electronic resources such as websites and free online journals. It also links to full text articles.
Take the following steps to automatically add records (references) from your search results to your EndNote library’s All References group. SuperSearch does the translation of reference information into an EndNote compatible format. The Imported References group always displays all references from your last import only.
Tip: Use the SuperSearch help options on the ANU Library website for support.
Type australia* literat* into the SuperSearch search field and select Go.
This search implies an AND operator between the words. The truncation/word stemming
asterisk (*) includes in the search relevant word variants, plural and singular, for example australia, australia’s, australian. For more information on searching visit our Topic Analysis how to guide.
Direct importing of search results into an EndNote library is supported.
- To the right of every record in the search results list, select the folder (with + sign). This action will save the record to a Saved Items list.
- Repeat this process as often as required for other records.
- When finished selecting records, select the Saved Items folder in the top SuperSearch banner.
- Above the Saved Items list, select EndNote from the Export As drop-down list. A dialog box opens. With the Open with option selected and the required EndNote library open, select OK. This action imports the saved records into EndNote.
- Select some of the newly imported references and check on the Reference Tab of the Tabs Panel that the information has been transferred correctly
Note: There will be slight variations of the above steps with different browsers, especially step 4.