EndNote can extract reference information from a publisher-created PDF document (where this information has been added to the metadata using its Digital Object Identifier, or DOI) and use this information to create a record (reference) in your EndNote library.
To do this:
1. Open the EndNote library that you wish to use.
2. From the File menu, select Import and then File (alternatively select the Import button on the
EndNote Library Window toolbar)
3. Select Choose and locate the PDF file you have saved.
4. From the Import Option drop-down of the Import File dialog box, select PDF.
TIP: It is not recommended to select Discard Duplicates from the Duplicates drop-down list.
5. Text Translation > No Translation
6. Select Import
The record associated with the imported PDF file should now be displayed in EndNote and the imported PDF file will be attached to it.
To display all references go to the References menu and select Show All References or select All References on the My Library panel.
Tip: Your EndNote library can be set to automatically import new PDFs saved to a particular folder on your network or the cloud. Set the PDF Auto Import Folder from Edit > Preferences > PDF Handling.